11 September 2015

Yeti or not... Winter's Here!

Well... almost ;)

I know we have to get through fall first but seriously I can't resist making Christmas cards. I have been having so much fun lately whipping out my Christmas stamps that I have accrued throughout the last year. A new member to my stamp family is this stamp set by Hero Arts & Kelly Purkey:

Here are some things I don't know about this stamp set:
1.) When it came out... or
2.) How long it's been out... &
3.) Why there is not more hype about it. 

Firstly, who doesn't love a stamp set that comes with matching dies? Second, WHO DOESN'T LOVE BUMBLE?! Perhaps for copyright reasons this little guy isn't actually called Bumble, but he looks like him so that is what I am calling him. Yeti/Abominable Snowman/Snowmonster/Bumble. I, yes I, Cheyenne... made a B U M B L E    A R M Y. Details below...





                                             



Directions:
1.) Stamp & cut 5 Bumbles
2.) Color with copic markers (B00 - B05 - R29)
3.) Stamp trees randomly in the background in your choice of green inks (Seen here are Memento Dew Drop inks in Bamboo Leaves & New Sprout)
4.) Randomly emboss snowflakes on the background with Stampin Up Gold Glory embossing powder (not sure if this is still available as I have had it for a looong time)
5.) Position the Bumbles so you know where to place the sentiment. Go ahead and stamp said sentiment.
6.) Draw black lines around the edges (not measured or straight here- I liked the imperfect look of it)
7.) Glue Bumbles down (Center/head honcho/Leader Bumble is raised up on foam squares)
8.) Take B00 copic and draw lines under Bumbles to make it look like they're standing on snow.
9.) Get matching green cardstock and make a card base.

Measurements:
White panel = 4x6
Green card base = 6 1/4 x 8 1/2 (folded in half)






So what do you all think?! I hope you get the stamp set and love it as much as I do. Please share your Bumble creations with me! ♥♥♥♥♥








No comments:

Post a Comment