28 September 2015

Baby, It's Cold Outside! (Well... getting there.)

Hey all! Did you get to see the Supermoon Eclipse last night?! Hope everyone is doing well and that wherever you are- fall is starting to show its true colors. So far here everything is beginning to turn and we've got some leaves falling. I am super excited for all of the upcoming months and festivities.

Here is a Winter card I made just the other day. I really LOVE this combination of colors for winter layouts (cards AND scrapbooking!) It makes you think of chilly snow and warm coats and mittens all in one shot! In fact, Doodlebug has a couple lines with these colors that I have had my eye on for the longest time! Eh... maybe one day.



This one was a pain in the butt for sure. At first I was stuck and couldn't figure out where to go. Then I was thinking that it was too plain for its own good. So I brain stormed on how to spiff it up and this is what I came up with! Purple card base, easel style (5 1/2 x 4 1/4 size, so cut your paper to 4 1/4 x 11 and fold in half), then there is a white piece that I cut to just a little smaller and applied glitter to the edges with some double sided tape. Then another white sheet just a little smaller than that and embossed with a snowflake embossing folder. The mittens and sentiment come from a stamp set by Scrap Happy Ohio. I don't remember where the polaroid die came from. The snowflake die is from Stitched Snowflakes by Lawn Fawn. Add some twine, purple behind the heart in the polaroid and you're good to go! Oh and the sentiment is up on blocks (LOL :P foam squares hehe)

I hope you enjoy! Maybe I'm worse than Wal*Mart with the Christmas and winter stuff but t'll be here before you know it! You're lucky I'm not listening to Christmas music! Don't test me!



Chey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment